PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
Depending on the relationship you choose to engage in with The Hunger Project Australia, we typically collect and hold the following kinds of personal information:
- Identity Data which may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data which may include your address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data which may include your bank account details.
- Transaction Data which may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases or donations made by you.
- Technical Data which may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Profile Data which may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data which may include information about how you use our website services.
- Marketing and Communications Data which may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and your communication preferences.
You do not have to provide us with personal information. However, we may then not be able to provide you with the information and services you require.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We generally collect personal information directly from you. For example, you may provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
- Donate via our website or third parties such as I=change or Givergy;
- Attend one of our events, either ticketed by us, or a third-party site such as Eventbrite;
- Subscribe or sign up via one of our microsites, such as A Table to End Hunger
- Subscribe to our communications or publications;
- Request resources or marketing be sent to you; or
- Give us feedback.
Sometimes we may obtain personal information through other means. For example, as you use our site, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites that use our cookies.
We may also receive personal information about you from various third parties and public sources including those set out below:
- Donation and Fundraising platforms, such as I=change and Givergy;
- Events and ticketing platforms, such as Eventbrite;
- Analytics providers such as Google;
- Advertising networks;
- Search information providers;
- Social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram;
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as Blackbaud Online Express.
COOKIES AND THE USE OF OUR WEBSITE
Most commercial websites use ‘cookies’, which are pieces of information that websites send to the browser and are stored in the computer hard-drive. We collect certain information from you using cookies such as:
- Your browser type;
- Your location;
- Your IP address;
- Information about when and how you use our website;
- Information about your past internet usage, such as websites you visit before coming to our Website.
Cookies make using our Website easier by storing information about matters such as your preferences on our Website. This allows our Website to be tailored to you for any of your return visits. Cookies will not be used to identify you personally.
If you would prefer not to receive cookies, you can alter your security settings on your web browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, by disabling the cookie function in your web browser you may impede your ability to use parts of the Website.
Please note, in some areas of our Website links to other sites can be found. These sites are not controlled by The Hunger Project Australia and therefore we cannot take responsibility for their content, claims of offer or privacy practices. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use your personal information when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal information are:
- To provide you with information or services that you have requested from us or that we feel may be of interest to you;
- To provide you with information about our work or our activities;
- To process donations that we may receive from you;
- To fundraise in accordance with our internal policies and procedures;
- For administrative purposes (for example, we may contact you regarding an event for which you have registered, or with a query regarding a donation you may have made to us);
- For internal record keeping relating to any donations, feedback, or complaints;
- To contact you where you have been identified as a contact person for an organisation, such as a foundation (if we obtain your contact details in this way, we will only use them to contact you in your capacity as a representative of that organisation);
- To analyse and improve the content and operation of our Website;
- To analyse and improve our internal business processes;
- To assess your personal information for the purposes of credit risk reduction or fraud prevention;
- Where we are required by law to disclose or otherwise use your information.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal information, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
We may also use your personal information to contact you from time to time for marketing or promotional purposes, including to:
- Invite you to participate in voluntary surveys or research;
- To better understand your interests, preferences and level of potential donations so that we can contact you in the most appropriate way and to ensure that we do not send you unwanted communications;
- Tailor advertising that is presented to you on the Internet according to your interests, preferences and other characteristics;
- Direct advertisements and other communications to other people who may have similar interests or other characteristics to yours.
If you would rather not receive any marketing or promotional material from us, you may opt out by notifying us using the contact details below, or by following the unsubscribe instructions on any marketing materials you have received.
In the event that you provide your contact details in relation to any seasonal campaign, we may share those contact details with any project partner involved in delivering that seasonal campaign for the purpose of them sending marketing material to you.
Other than as described above, we do not disclose personal information to third parties. However, we may share non-personal, de-identified or aggregated information with select third parties for research, development, analytics or promotional purposes other than direct marketing.
Finally, we may also use your personal information in an aggregated and de-identified form (Aggregated Data) for statistical, analytical, research, quality assurance, product improvement and other purposes, provided that no details regarding you (including your identity, financial institution account details or otherwise) can reasonably be derived from the information. An example of this is where we review your Usage Data to work out the percentage of website users using a specific feature of our site.
If we link the Aggregated Data with your personal information so that you can be identified from it, then it is treated as personal information.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, partners, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal information on our instruction and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to know what personal information The Hunger Project Australia has collected from you and you may request access to that personal information any time, including for the purposes of correcting or updating that information.
If you require access to your personal information, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
COMPLAINTS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT PRIVACY
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 02 9222 9088 or 1800 243 132
- Fax: 02 9222 9533
- Mail: The Hunger Project Australia, GPO Box 2108, Sydney NSW 2001
If you make a complaint, we will endeavour to respond to it as soon as possible. If you are dissatisfied with our response, you have the right to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by phoning 1300 363 992 or by email at email@example.com.
For further information about privacy in general, please refer to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website: www.oaic.gov.au.
The Hunger Project Australia maintains this website with its texts, videos, photographic images and any other content, electronic products and services (collectively, “materials”) to provide you with the information about our work, and to enable you to interact with us online.
Your use of the website, our logo, our materials and/or downloading of materials from our website constitutes your agreement to the terms and conditions set forth herein. These have been developed for your protection, as well as ours.
USE OF MATERIALS, NAME AND LOGO
- Materials provided on this website are done so without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or non-infringement. Use of materials provided is solely used at your own risk.
- The Hunger Project Australia appreciates and encourages informational and educational uses of The Hunger Project Australia website, our Materials, including our name and logo to fundraise for us or promote our work. However, use of such Material requires express written permission from The Hunger Project Australia. Authorisation can be requested by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is improper to, and may be a violation of law, for you to post or download and distribute material that you do not own or for which you do not have permission to use. Violation of copyright, trademark, service mark or other intellectual property rights may subject you to civil and/or criminal penalties.
The Hunger Project Australia reserves the right to make any change to the information and/or agreement provided herein at any time for any reason. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for keeping up to date with any such changes.
For more information about these terms and conditions, or The Global Hunger Project terms and conditions we are governed by, please contact us at email@example.com.
Updated 7th of December 2020.