Work with us
Location: Sydney, NSW
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Position Type: Part-time (3 days per week)
Term: Initial 9 month contract with potential to extend
The Finance Officer is responsible for finance and related administration activities as outlined in this position description in a complete, accurate, timely and efficient manner.
* Administer the accounts payable process, including:
* Code and enter invoices into the accounting system;
* Facilitate the payment to suppliers ensuring payments are made on time and consistent with payment terms.
* Monitor, manage and transact daily cash and bank reconciliations, administration of banking systems and transactional banking relationships.
* Reconcile revenue received in bank accounts to accounting system and CRM.
* Support the financial integrity of the general ledger through the accurate and timely completion of general ledger reconciliations.
* Maintain the fixed assets register ensuring all transactions are recorded in a complete, timely, accurate and efficient manner, including the calculation of depreciation and amortisation charges.
* Maintain workpapers such as prepayment and accrual registers, etc to support the generation of accurate and reliable financial statements.
* Ensure journals are prepared and processed facilitating the reliability of the general ledger and minimising the risk of material misstatements in financial reports.
* Administer the payroll function to ensure that all employees are paid on time and accurately and that all entitlements and deductions comply with relevant legislation, employment contracts, taxation, superannuation and accounting requirements.
* Contribute to the annual audit and financial statement preparation process.
* Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of finance policies and procedures, ensuring accounting standards are met.
Background, Qualifications & Experience
* Diploma in Accounting / Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Commerce or those with equivalent relevant experience in a similar / professional role.
* Experience working with MYOB and /or NetSuite will be highly regarded.
* Experience with financial system upgrades.
* Demonstrable advanced Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel.
* Self-reliant and self-managing, and able to work collaboratively within a small team.
* Proactive, values driven, passionate and honest; an excellent communicator, who will speak their mind and listen to other viewpoints with grace and professionalism.
* You must have an adaptable and professional attitude and be able to prioritise your workload to meet deadlines.
* You will enjoy joining a global movement of people from all over the world playing a part in ending world hunger.
* A ‘can do’ attitude