The Hunger Project is a global, non-religious, non-profit organisation working to end world hunger by 2030. We believe that hunger can end, and ours is the generation that can eliminate it once and for all. In Africa, South Asia and Latin America, The Hunger Project empowers people to lead lives of Self-Reliance, meet their own basic needs and build better futures for their children. We believe people who currently live in poverty are not the problem – they are the solution. We don’t see a billion mouths to feed, we see a billion human beings who are enterprising and resilient. Our work is to unlock their leadership, creativity and capacity so that they can be the key to ending their own hunger. Our programs provide training and services to village partners covering health, education and adult literacy, nutrition, improved farming techniques and food security, micro-finance loans, water and sanitation and HIV/AIDS prevention.
The Hunger Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and strongly encourages people from all backgrounds, abilities, and identities to apply for any vacancies.
Applicants will be considered on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Communications, the Marketing & Communications Executive contributes significantly to the development, delivery and assessment of a range of marketing and communications strategies, campaigns and projects that raise the profile of the organisation, attract new audiences, retain existing ones, and ultimately help achieve fundraising targets of The Hunger Project Australia.
Key experience required:
A strategic and operational knowledge is required of the following tools and platforms:
- CRM (eg, Raiser’s Edge) and integration with email marketing platforms (eg, Mailchimp), including list creation and management, and EDM and eNewsletter creation, publishing and reporting
- CMS websites (eg, WordPress), including an understanding of SEO principles and content best practice and full content publishing capability
- Social media platforms (including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube) and social integrated publishing platforms (eg, Hootesuite).
- Multimedia content creation tools (eg, Canva or Adobe Creative)
- Analytics interpretation and reporting, including email data and website traffic (eg, Google Analytics)
- Project management platforms (eg, Monday, Asana, etc)
Candidates must have suitable qualifications, professional experience, and be able to demonstrate knowledge and success in the following areas:
- Audience segmentation and a solid understanding of how audience analysis drives content creation
- Developing and publishing social media content that engages, retains and achieves strategic goals of broader marketing and communications strategies
- Being actively involved with digital campaign development and delivery with a solid understanding of the principles of connecting audience segmentation to value propositions for measured conversions
- Being involved with the development, subsequent launch and ongoing maintenance of a successful website
- Managing, creating and delivering segmented email campaigns and ongoing email communications
- Managing a content library and database, including associated records management (such as consent forms)
- Managing work delivered through an agency or external contractor, including graphic design and web teams
- Copywriting for marketing and communications material (such as social, newsletters, website content)
Highly desired experience
Whilst not essential, the following experience will be looked upon favourably:
- Experience in running paid social content and campaigns
- Experience with tracking (eg, GTM, Facebook pixel)
- Experience in search marketing
- Motivated self-starter who loves to take initiative
- Ability to make decisions and creatively problem solve
- Enthusiastic team player who also works well independently
- Proactive, values driven, resilient and honest
- Positive, passionate and energetic with a high outcome focus
- Ability manage workload across multiple projects
- Passionate about joining a global movement of people from all over the world playing a part in ending world hunger
We will be interviewing and placing the role prior to application closing date for the correct candidate, so please apply as soon as possible.