- Newly created position with a fun, passionate and supportive team
- Opportunity to do what you love whilst empowering women and contributing to the end of hunger
- Flexible work arrangements with a mix of WFH & office days (CBD location in Sydney or Melbourne), choose Full Time (5 days p/w) or 0.8FTE (4 days p/w, salary pro-rated)
- Grow with us, we have a strong learning and development focus
Role & Responsibilities
The role of Database Manager has direct responsibility for the operational and developmental management of the organisation’s CRM. You will ensure the data is up to date, complete and clean by managing the ongoing administration and maintenance of the database. Further, the role plays a pivotal part in ensuring the CRM (and subsequent integrated software’s) are fully utilised and leveraged by providing training for all staff on current and new features.
As technology and our organisational needs grow, you will lead the ongoing process of systems improvement and development including research, proposal, implementation and training of the new system features and/or programs, integrations etc.
Working closely with the Fundraising, Finance and Communications teams you will provide support as required around data aggregation and report creation, campaign data as it relates to the database and investor journey processes.
The core responsibilities of the role can be broken down into the following areas;
- Day to day management of the Raiser’s Edge (RE) database
- Maintain current constituents within the database
- Maintain and support organisational and user dashboards
- Ensure quality of data in RE, enabling THPA to fully leverage the value of the system
- Champion the organisation’s effective use of RE including staff training and developing protocols and procedures, including training manuals
- Support the Fundraising & Finance teams with data management, analysis and prospect exploration
- Assist in the creation of, and report on, the investor journey enabling Fundraisers to utilise the system for the effective management of investors.
- Capture and report on investor insights, patterns and trends to assist in guiding the Fundraisers’ investor strategy
- Manage pipeline in RE and produce fundraising reports for management and the Board
- Support the Communications & Fundraising teams with the creation of market segmented investor lists for specific campaigns or investor reporting etc.
- Support onboarding of Community investors with further automation of elements of the investor journey
- Assist with new report, query and/or dashboard creation and set up
- Lead the management of data alignment and synchronisation across various systems which integrate with RE (e.g. MailChimp, Funraisin)
- Keep abreast of changes, software/feature development releases and proposed schedules in RE functionality to determine their viability for THPA
- Support future changes to the THPA operating plan and reporting structures
- Create automated workflow where required, e.g. throughout the investors’ journey
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years NFP CRM experience (Raiser’s Edge preferable) and a fundamental understanding of the programs workings
- Highly developed foundational knowledge which allows you to quickly learn and/or understand the functionality of new programs
- Ability to problem solve and identify solutions within the parameter of prescribed resource
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office programs
- MailChimp knowledge and skills are preferable
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain the technology and complex processes in an easy to follow, comprehendible manner
- Excellent written communication skills, attuned to the creation of clear and concise training manuals and protocols
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail and project management
- Experience training team members on software, programs and applications
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage task responsibility and prioritisation with various stakeholders
- Love of process and design thinking, you’re solutions focused
- You lead with an entrepreneurial approach, you’re a strategic and creative thinker
- You’re a proactive, motivated self-starter who loves to take initiative
- You’re enthusiastic, energetic, personable and adaptable
- Show up with a growth mindset; desire to grow, develop and unleash your leadership potential
- You’re a true team player and also have the ability to work autonomously
- Display professionalism in your attitude, workflow prioritisation and ability to meet deadlines
- You love handling a variety of different projects at the same time and can remain nimble
- Proactive, values-driven, resilient and honest person
- Strong ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Passionate about being part of a global movement of people working together to end world hunger
ABOUT THE HUNGER PROJECT
The Hunger Project is a global, non-religious, non-profit organisation working to end world hunger by 2030. We believe that hunger can end, and ours is the generation that can eliminate it once and for all. In Africa, South Asia and Latin America, The Hunger Project empowers people to lead lives of self- reliance, meet their own basic needs and build better futures for their children. We believe people who currently live in poverty are not the problem – they are the solution. We don’t see 815 million mouths to feed, we see 815 million human beings who are enterprising and resilient. Our work is to unlock their leadership, creativity and capacity so that they can be the key to ending their own hunger. Our programs provide training and services to village partners covering health, education and adult literacy, nutrition, improved farming techniques and food security, microfinance loans, water and sanitation and HIV/AIDS prevention.