The Adolescent Girls program is one of our most inspiring and important initiatives, and the results in 2022 are no exception.
I’m proud that this yearly update includes the following positive outcomes:
• As of December 2022, 97% of the Adolescent Girls enrolled in the program remain unmarried
• 31 Sukanya Club members stepped up to help prevent 18 early marriages of other girls in the program. These girls remain unmarried and are continuing their education
• 126 Adolescent Girls took the lead in saying no to their own forced marriages
• 79% of girls who had dropped out had been re-enrolled in school
• 25 schools now have functional toilets and drinking water after 99 Adolescent Girls took the lead to ensure the availability of clean toilets and drinking water after following up with school administration and School Management Committee members.
These amazing achievements are a collective effort, and we are very grateful for your unwavering belief in girls to shine and thrive
You can read the report in full here.
CEO, The Hunger Project Australia