Volunteer With Us
Volunteers are an extremely important part of The Hunger Project team. We appreciate and thank our current and previous volunteers for their significant contributions to our mission. Their talents, efforts and enthusiasm have helped so many people around the world. To volunteer with us, please email email@example.com.
Program Communications Internship
The Hunger Project Australia (THP) is looking for a Communications Intern to join the Leadership Immersion Programs team. This volunteer role would primarily involve the development and design of a mass distribution EDM newsletter on updates about the impact of The Hunger Project’s work, to be released in October/November. The role may also include basic social media management, including content creation and conducting engagement analyses for a Facebook group.
This role would best be suited for someone with a communications and media background, or a general interest in media/digital design.
Available 1-2 days per week for 3-6 months, to start ASAP.
Key Selection Criteria
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Documentation design skills (experience on Canva or similar platforms a bonus but not essential)
- Ability to research, synthesise and convey information to specific online audiences
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to manage work independently as well as in a small team
- Creative and attentive to detail
- An interest or relevant experience in social media management and developing strategies to increase user-generated content
- Passionate about the impact of The Hunger Project’s work
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to improve and tailor your writing and media communication skills
- Experience in developing communication collateral
- Flexible environment with lots of support
- Role can be shaped to your strengths or the skills you wish to develop
- Experience in a global non-profit organisation through immersing yourself in The Hunger Project’s work and impact
Email application to firstname.lastname@example.org