On 8 March The Hunger Project will be celebrating International Women’s Day and the theme of ‘Balance is Better’. It is a day on which we stop and reflect on the milestones made to date for women, and also look to the next actions required for achieving gender equality.
We are working to creating a future free from hunger and in doing so we believe in building a gender-balanced world.
Come along to an event!
The Hunger Project will be taking part in a number of events across the country in celebration of International Women’s Day:
- 7 March – Melbourne at the Global Citizen After Hours event. Tickets are free but you need to register HERE
- 8 March – Sydney at THE LOFT x HER Global Network event. Get your tickets HERE
- 14 March – Brisbane at THE LOFT x HER Global Network event. Get your tickets HERE.
Can’t attend an event in person? Join us online!
It is really easy to get involved!
- Either take a photo of yourself in the ‘balance pose’ or film a selfie video answering the question: “How do you celebrate balance?” At the end of the video, state that this International Women’s Day, “I stand for equality.”
- Copy the hashtags #IWD2019 #thinkequal #balanceforbetter #thehungerproject #THP #Istandforequality #MorePowerfulTogether
- Be BOLD and post your photo or video, with the hashtags, and tag The Hunger Project. And you’re done!