The second wave of COVID-19 in India is ravaging the ill-equipped rural areas with ferocity and devastating consequences. Leveraging our 20 years of experience in rural India, The Hunger Project is working with our powerful cadre of elected women leaders responsible for 6.4 million people across 1,400 panchayats (local council areas).
THP’s highly trained women leaders in India are already in action:
- Ensuring people can access the social security schemes to which they are entitled
- Monitoring the fair distribution of rations from local community centres
- Supporting widows and orphans through small-scale, local philanthropy
- Dispelling myths about vaccines and motivating people to get vaccinated
- Advocating for more COVID health clinics, testing labs and vaccination sites
DOUBLE YOUR IMPACT TODAY: All investments will be matched dollar for dollar up to $100,000 thanks to the generous partnership of angel investor Academy Face and Body. Simply click on the DOUBLE MY IMPACT button below.
These women and all of the local leaders we work with across the world are the eyes and ears of the realities of local challenges and are in action organising urgent responses to address the advancing crisis. They live within the community, and will continue to live there long after the pandemic ends; they understand who needs the most support in their villages; and they are trusted to lead by their friends and neighbours.
THP’s local leaders from across the world are pivotal in mitigating the negative impacts of COVID-19 on the communities they serve, especially the most vulnerable. They need our support and partnership right now to build COVID-resilient communities for the future.