IN 2016 ALONE, YOU ENABLED THE HUNGER PROJECT TO:
- Train 107,283 people through our Women’s Empowerment Program in Africa.
- Reach 141,874 people in Bangladesh about the negative impacts of child marriage to stop this harmful, traditional practice that keeps girls out of school.
- Support 14,065 elected women in India to join forces as effective, respected leaders who bring education, healthcare and sanitation in their villages.
- Vaccinate 162,038 children against deadly but entirely preventable diseases.
- Train 91,817 people in HIV and gender inequality-related issues in Africa, to prevent the spread of HIV, encourage people to get tested and treated, and eradicate the stigma attached to it.
- Train 59,023 women and men to feed themselves and their families more nutritious food.
- Have 4 Australian-funded Epicentres achieve their targets for self-reliance. These Epicentre communities are: Kiruhura in Uganda, Champiti and Ligowe in Malawi, and Ndereppe in Senegal.